- Always use GREASE to protect threads to keep saltwater out.
- Clamp is designed for small to medium rod diameter (25-29mm). Today’s rods are much thinner.
- Clamp can be opened up to accommodate 1.25 diameter rod. You can grind away, or file the locking ridges as needed.
- Clamp will not be weaken with this modification.
- Please use your factory screws for installation if possible. In some models, I have included additional hardware to help with installation, and/or to make the design more robust. Some factory HW are proprietary and we are force to use them.
- Leave the screws loose and check for reel alignment.
- Secure tightly so screws does not back out.